In addition to the very successful flagship European Population Conferences, EAPS has initiated and facilitates several other major European research, training and dissemination activities.
The vibrant European Journal of Population (EJP), the innovative European Doctoral School of Demography (EDSD), and Population Europe the unique network of Europe's leading demographic research centers, are all working under the auspices of EAPS.
Members are invited to propose a joint activity such as a working group, a research network, or any other research related activity. Each proposal for an activity will be evaluated by the Council and will have a specific mandate. Currently two working groups are active:
- Health, Morbidity and Mortality (1991- current)
- Migrant and Minority Fertility in Europe (2017- current)
Previous Working Groups
- International migration in Europe (completed)
- The second demographic transition in Europe (completed)
- Reproductive health in developing countries (completed)
- Late fertility and its implications (completed)
- Demographic change and care for older people (completed)
- Anthropological demography of Europe (completed)